Want to really get to know the places you visit? Immerse yourself in the culture of your destination. By appreciating the art, architecture, music, dance, customs and gastronomy you’ll feel closer to your temporary home.There are a variety of cultural experiences around the world. Check out these tempting options.
- Lifestyle: Stay at a Kibbutz to gain an understanding of these Israeli communities.
- Religion: Visit the many sights of the spiritual centre of Jerusalem.
- Lifestyle: Travel with a professional ranger on a morning wildlife drive through the Kruger National Park.
- Food & Wine: Enjoy a gourmet meal in a private home.
- Gastronomy: Check out the Hanoi street food scene with the chairman of the Hanoi Gastronomy Club.
- Religion: Experience a traditional Buddhist prayer ceremony at a temple in Hue.
- Lifestyle: Spend the night under the stars in the desert at a Bedouin camp.
- Lifestyle: Have tea with a Bedouin family.
- Art: Spend time with Realist artist Chiang Rai.
- Lifestyle: Visit the hill tribes of the northern Golden Triangle.
- Gastronomy: Visit a fun churrascaria for a feast of barbecued meats cooked in true Brazilian style followed by the extravaganza of a Samba show.
- Lifestyle: In the Amazon rainforest, learn the medical secrets of the indigenous tribes and drink water from trees; just two of the many local experiences you can enjoy.
- Architecture: 17th Century Castle to the Bauhaus, Germany’s a great place to explore architecture. Go behind the facades to places the general public doesn’t normally see.
- Gastronomy: Discuss the evening’s meal with a star chef while you sip champagne; discover the famous German Rieslings at a private wine tasting or learn the secrets of a celebrated chocolatier.