How Do I Organize A Destination Wedding?
Planning a destination wedding can be a stressful thought. Here are a few easy steps to getting started on planning your special day in a unique destination:
1. Decide on a destination, call and look up venues and book a date. Try to do this at least a year in advance.
2. Send out your “Save the Date” cards. These are important so that your guests can book time off work and find travel deals.
3. If you are not able to fly out to your destination before your wedding week, look at your ceremony and reception site options and book them.
4. Go to your local travel agency and hire a coordinator at your destination to assist you in creating your vision.
5. Send out your invitations and get a wedding website put together to update your guests on your wedding details.
Planning everything in advance is extremely important. Ensuring that you are in touch with your coordinator, your tickets are booked and your guests are in the know are the most important things to take care of. Plan to be at your destination at least a week in advance so that you can make sure everything is done according to how you want it. Don’t forget that your wedding will be extremely unique and in a beautiful destination, so there’s no need to stress about the little things.
For help planning your big day, contact one of our Destination Wedding Specialists!