Below is a delicious recipe Judy picked up in her travels – and what better time to post about chocolate than Valentines Day! We were lucky that Olivia was kind enough to share her wonderful recipe with Judy, and now it is our pleasure to pass along the treats to you! Enjoy!
Olivia says she is a committed Chocoholic who looks for any excuse to cook with and eat chocolate! Like Olivia you can make this as guilt free as possible by sharing with family and friends.
* 1 lb. of 70% Dark Chocolate
* 1 pint of Double Cream.
* 1 big splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
* 1 teaspoon of Flaked Sea Salt.
* Cocoa powder to decorate.
1. Pour the cream into a heavy bottomed saucepan over a gentle heat until the cream reaches the simmering stage.
2. Remove from the heat and then pour over the chocolate. Stir gently until you have a smooth silky texture.
3. Add the Bailey’s Cream Liqueur along with a pinch of sea salt to the mixture. Pour the mixture into a tub and allow to set in fridge for a couple of hours.
4. Fill a cup with boiling water and heat a melon baller or a spoon by dipped into the boiling water use this to shape the truffles.
5. Coat your truffles in cocoa powder or pistachio nuts immediately after shaping.
6. Place on a plate and allow to set in the fridge for an hour. Then share for guilt free enjoyment!