Fully vaccinated Canadians & foreign nationals who meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller can come to Canada
To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must:
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received your last dose at least 14 full days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1, then Friday July 16 would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
- upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test)
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty (tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna Spikevax (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca Vaxzevria/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
If you received your Government of Canada-accepted vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.
All Air Travellers Required to Reserve an Approved Hotel Room to Await Results
January 29, 2021
- On air arrival to Canada from an international destination you will be required to take a molecular COVID-19 test before heading to your approved hotel room.
- All travellers are required to reserve an approved, Government of Canada hotel room for 3-days to await test results
- Travellers are responsible for the hotel costs including food, cleaning and security
- For more information click here.