Are you planning a Destination Wedding? With so many popular options out there it can be difficult to narrow down your location of choice. We’re here to help, by giving you just a few reasons to consider Cuba for your big day.
So in case you were not aware, Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean that is known for its rich history, white sand beaches, cigars, cars, architecture and more. With all that in mind, Cuba is able to offer you a beautiful beach setting and much much more.
- Amazing Island
- Natural beauty and amazing scenery
- Breathtaking beaches
- Close to home/Minimize travel times
- Luxury hotels
- Competitive pricing
- Wedding and honeymoon packages
- Incentive packages
- Activities for your guests
- Music and arts
- Food and drink
- Outdoor recreation
- Fun activities
- Great prices
There are many all-inclusive destination wedding resorts ranging from luxury properties, to smaller, competitively priced resorts. These locations offer wonderful packages and incentives to the couple getting married including but not limited to:
Wed for Free: Quite often the resort will offer basic or symbolic wedding ceremonies to the couples for free, depending on the number of rooms or nights you book.
Perfect Package: When you are getting married abroad, these wedding packages can be a lifesaver. Everything you could want and more bundled together and taken care of by knowledgeable and experienced staff.
All-Inclusive: Many packages are all-inclusive, and even include activities.
Stay put: Extend your wedding straight into your honeymoon at the same place. Many resorts offer deals to couples who choose to honeymoon with them.
Off-site and on-site wedding coordinators: This means that when you arrive to the destination, there are people onsite who can help make sure your event unfolds perfectly.
Unique and private ceremony locations: You name it, they have it!
When you are inviting guests to a destination wedding one thing to consider is what the location can offer to your them. If your family and friends are travelling all that way, you’ll want to make sure they will be able to enjoy their time and get the opportunity to explore the destination. Cuba offers a little bit for every type of traveler. Here are just a few of the great things your guests (and you!) can get up to:
- A wide variety of water sports (Kayaking, snorkeling, windsurfing, and more!)
- Explore the culture of Old Havana
- Hiking, rock climbing, & horse trekking in Valle de Vinales
- Check out Art Galleries and more at Plaza Vieja
- Explore the street venders and lifestyle along the Malecon
- Visit Ernest Hemingway’s house
- Take in the amazing local live music
- Cruise the Old City in a vintage car
- And of course, relax on the gorgeous beaches!
Of course the legal part of the wedding is important, and what is required can vary from destination to destination. The list below here shows you some of the documents you are required to have in order to be legally married in Cuba. May couples choose to do a symbolic wedding ceremony abroad, and be legally married in their home country in order to avoid the sometimes complicated paperwork.
- Valid passport by both parties
- Tourist card
- Birth certificate (must be translate into Spanish)
- Affidavit of single status
- Full names of the bride and groom
- Permanent address
- Writen letter with the bride and groom’s information, as well as the parents’ full names
- Travel insurance
If you are looking for inspiration take a look at the Cuba Trips we have to offer.
Want help planning your big day? Contact one of our Destination Wedding Specialists!