Looking for an exciting, vibrant city to visit but not feeling like the Big Apple? Chicago may be the perfect destination for you! Here’s 7 reasons why:
- Chicago is full of amazing restaurants, entertainment, music and clubs. It is also home to more theatre than London or New York.
- Everything is easily reachable by foot or rail with great rail connections throughout the city.
- Millennium Park is a must see! It has a free, open air skating rink and skate rentals (if needed). The park is also home to an amazing garden, a rotation of various sculptures and the beautiful mirrored Cloud Gate and Crown Fountain.
- During the summer months there are over 30 free outdoor musical performances offered in Millennium Park.
- The architectural river cruises are amazing. There is great access to the river and there is even an outstanding San Antonio-like river walk lined with bars and restaurants.
- Chicago has greeters. Greeters are locals who volunteer to show visitors around town. You can arrange a free 2-4 hour custom city tour – just try to remember to tip them!
- Chicago is a great sports town – home of 4 major league teams. The White Sox and the 2016 World Series Champions Cubs (baseball). The Blackhawks (hockey). The Bulls (basketball).
For help planning your next getaway, please contact Gail at email@example.com
To read about a trip to another great city to visit please check out Boston and Cape Cod